Welcome to our RIBshare scheme. Now in its third year, the scheme has gone from strength, and we are currently gauging interest in a fourth boat.
The idea for the RIBshare scheme is based on a very successful scheme in the UK that has been running for 12 years.
The idea behind the scheme is that a group of like-minded people to share the ownership and running costs of a rib. The RIB is then managed and maintained by Sun Yachts this provides a turnkey boating experience.
- The purchase price is split between the owners allowing you to get the use of a bigger and/or newer rib than the one you would be able to get as a sole owner
- The running costs are strictly controlled and understood at the beginning of the contract. The only variable cost is fuel.
- The boat is better maintained than a rental as everyone using it is an owner and therefore has a stake in taking good care of it.
- As agents for the boat builders, we will ensure that the boat is purchased for the lowest possible price and the warranties are maintained
- It's a turnkey operation, all administration, insurance, servicing, antifouling, and cleaning is done by the management company. Small repairs will be performed promptly, and the boat will always be ready to go
- Your investment is for three years after which the boat is sold, and your share of the sale is returned to you.
- During the weeks that you have use of the boat, it is "your boat" to do as you wish from Monday lunch to Sunday night.
- There is an element of flexibility to use the boat in non-allocated times if agreed by the other owner whose week it is.
- The monthly costs are year round but are arranged to spread the costs throughout the year to ensure that all foreseeable costs are covered.
- Spur of the moment decisions to use the boat one evening are not possible without the management company contacting the "occupying owner" for the week. However given the proximity of all parties in Guernsey this seldom causes problems
- Please Contact us:
- Call us on +44 (0)1481 713947
- Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
- Come down and visit us Breakwater House, La Salarie Quay, Queen Elizabeth II Marina, St. Peter Port.