- Nominal Length: 29 feet
- Length At Water Line: 22 feet
- Length Overall: 29 feet
- 8.8 feet
- Max Draft: 5 feet
- 1 Head
A very clean, tidy and well-maintained yacht. Many recent upgrades.
Additional Information and specs
Additional Specs, Equipment and Information:
Builder: Artekno Finland
Designer: Einar Ohlson
- Keel: Fin
- LOA: 8.85 m (29')
Draft 1.6m (5'3")
Beam 2.7m (8'10")
- LWL: 7,22 m (23'8")
- Draft: 1.52 m (5')
- Displacement: 3100 kgs
- Ballast: 1250 kgs
- Engine Brand: Volvo
- Year Built: 2007
- Engine Model: D 1-20
- Engine Type: Inboard
- Engine/Fuel Type: Diesel
- Propeller: 2 bladed folding propeller
- Engine Power: 18 HP
- Hours:u00a0 Under 350
- Drive Type: saildrive
- Located abaft the companionway
- Three cylinders
- Electric start
- Sea water-cooled
- Single lever engine control
- Cruising speed 6 kn
- Max Speed 7.5 kn
- Alternator charging to 2 x 12-volt batteries (Engine starter new Aug 2020)
- 12-volt switch panel
- Fresh Water Tanks: (60 Litres)
- Fuel Tanks: (50 Litres)
The accommodation offers up to five berths in two cabins. Forward cabin with vee berths, with infill converting to a double berth. Stowage under and above. Vent. Heads compartment aft to starboard, with Jabsco marine toilet and pull out sink. Stowage. Hanging locker opposite to port. Opening hatch to foredeck. Saloon with L shaped dinette to starboard, with stowage under and outboard. Settee opposite to port. Vent. Galley aft to port, with gas two burners gimballed cooker. Stainless steel sink with cold water supply. Stowage under and above. Coolbox. Saltwater tap. Aft quarter berth opposite to starboard, with new chart table over. Carpets. Full interior lighting. Steps up to self-draining cockpit, with seating and stowage under.
Sails and Spars
- Masthead rigged Bermudan sloop
- Anodised mast and boom
- Stainless steel standing rigging
- Terylene running rigging
- Slab reefing mainsail
- Spinnaker pole with deck stowage
- Furling headsail system
- Main New 2001 by Arun
- Genoa New 2009 by Arun
- Symmetrical Spinnaker unknown date ( Came with the boat)
- Asymmetrical Spinnaker Unknown date.
- A Main & Genoa which came with the boat when purchased.
- Anchor with chain and warp
- Stainless steel pulpit, pushpit, stanchions & lifelines
- Rail spray shields with boat name
- Stainless steel boarding ladder
- Sail cover
- Various fenders & warps
- Solar Panel replaced whilst the boat was laid up this year
- External varnished woodwork has been rubbed down and redone with Deks Olje Swedish wood oil
- Barlow 24 self-tailing sheet winches x 2
- Barlow 16 self-tailing spinnaker sheet winches x 2
- Lewmar 8 coachroof winch x 2
- 2 x bulkhead steering compass
- Set of wireless Tactic instruments (Solar charged)
- Standard Horizon Chart plotter in fold out bracket for cockpit viewing
- Yeoman chat plotter
- Icom marine VHF with cockpit mic
- Raymarine ST2000 Tiller pilot
- Navigation lights
- Liferaft recently serviced
- Manual bilge pump
- Fire extinguishers (expiry dates unknown)
- Radar reflector
- Fire blanket
- Gas detector
- Avon Redstart dinghy
- Ensign and staff
- Accumulated bits and pieces
Built by Vinga Marine of Finland in 1979 to a design by Einar Ohlson. White GRP hull with blue style stripe. . White GRP coachroof with grey moulded in non-slip to decks and cockpit. Moulded toe rails. Cast iron fin keel. Teak hand rails. Self draining cockpit and anchor well. Teak cockpit grating. Tiller steering to skeg hung rudder.
The Ohlson 29 is an excellent seaboat with good performance. She has good accommodation, is well equipped and has had lots of updates and improvements in her current ownership. Viewing by appointment through Sun Yachts Limited 07781456814.
The boat was antifouled in July and launched 5/8/20
"HAVEN GEM" is For Sale
It is with regret that "Haven Gem"is being put on the market but due to the fact that we have not used her for the past year or two and are unlikely to in the foreseeable future we have decided that its time someone else had the pleasure of her.
She is an Ohlson 29 masthead sloop with roller reefing genoa. She is rigged to be sailed single-handed or with a full crew, we have raced her very successfully in local club races, she has also been used for cruising to the UK and France. The engine was replaced in 2007 and has only done 350 hours. She is equipped with berths for 5 people.
She has been laid up since October 2019 so has had a chance to dry out nicely before being antifouled and polished and relaunched recently.
We are also including a cradle by the Yacht Leg and Cradle Co. This will fit in the back of an estate car.
The yacht is equipped with a recently serviced liferaft, an Avon redstart dinghy with outboard bracket.
Navigation equipment includes a comprehensive set of Tactic instruments, a Standard Horizon Chart Plotter and Yeoman Chart Plotter, Icom Marine Transceiver Radio with cockpit mike, Raymarine ST2000 Tiller Pilot and many other bits of equipment collected over many years we have owned the yacht.
Sun Yachts Limited offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.